Thinking about a wireless warehouse management solution for your new or existing operations? Data Collection Specialties, Inc. can help.
With more than 30 years' experience, we have the knowledge you need to design and install a secure system that operates at high capacity.
What exactly will you do?
First, we analyze your facilities using drawings that include building dimensions, obstructions, and pre-existing wireless networks. Then we visit your site, where we evaluate your environment for possible interferences. Specifically, we will:
- Determine the proper type, number, and location of asset points and antennas.
- Analyze the existing WAN/LAN architecture and infrastructure to determine if you require additional hubs, routers, or switches.
- Document power requirements.
- Identify any physical obstructions and/or radio frequency interferences that could impact coverage.
- Devise a plan for implementing your wireless network with existing systems.
- Recommend solutions in a comprehensive written report, which includes a site map detailing the exact installation and integration requirements.
How long will my survey take?
It depends. We can complete most surveys within one day. However, if your facilities exceed 500,000 square feet, you have multiple locations, or you store unusual items, it could take us several days to properly evaluate your conditions.
How much will the survey cost me?
After our initial consultation, we will be able to provide you with a written cost estimate for completing the wireless site survey. Call us with your questions or to schedule a free consultation.
What happens after that?
Upon completion of the survey, we will submit another quote for designing and installing your wireless network. That estimate may include costs and quantities for recommended products, such as:
- Wireless scanners and mobile computers
- Handheld and vehicle-mounted data collectors
- Access points
- Bridges and switches
It will also include estimates for installing the system and training your employees, if desired. All offers will be good for a specified time, during which we are happy to answer any questions you may have.